When someone attempts to print in eFolder they may see one or both of these errors -
Printer in an error state
'Encompass eFolder' is in an error state
StartDocPrinter Error = 63
Cause: The "Documents" folder may be set to a Network Share and/or there may be stuck files in the Spooler Service's PRINTERS folder.
Resolution: How to fix the issue
- First check the PRINTERS folder in C:\Windows\System32\spool and if there are files there delete them. In order to do this you first have to open CMD as Admin and run net stop spooler, then after you delete the stuck files run net start spooler.
- If Step 1 doesn't work check the Documents folder's Properties in C:\USERS\UserName\Documents to see if it is located at the local path or on a network share.
* If on a network share attempt to change back to local.
- If unable to change Documents back to the local path open Devices and Printers and right click on the eFolder printer. Select Printer Properties and then choose the Ports tab.
- * Now deselect eFolder Local Port and select EDCport: Black Ice Port and then click Apply and then OK.
- If the issue is still present run RemoveUAC for Encompass along with the above steps as well as Apply Windows Updates and reboot the computer.